This is one of our favorites. The recipe makes a lot of the "filling" so I'll usually put 1/2 in the freezer for another night.
from http://everydayfoodstorage.net
1 lb. Ground beef
1/4 c. chopped onions
1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans, drained
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1/4 c. dehydrated onions
1 can of corn, drained
1 c. (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese (I used more)
3 1/2 c. fritos
1 1/4 c. sour cream
Cook ground beef & onion until meat is browned & onion is tender; drain. (I just used some ham. meat I had browned & put in the freezer at an earlier date-just took it out & thawed. I rehydrated onions, drained the water off & added them while I added all of the other ingredients to the meat). Stir in beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, corn, onion & 3/4 c. cheese (or desired amount). Sprinkle 2 1/2 c. Fritos in bottom of 8x8 baking dish. Cover with chili. Bake at 350 degrees covered for 20-25 minutes. Spread sour cream of chili. Top with remaining corn chips and cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer.
***Variation: I pulled the filling out of the freezer one night but didn't have any corn chips. I used my kitchen scissors to cut some tortillas into thin strips, put them on a baking sheet & stuck them in the oven to crisp them up. It turned out pretty yummy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Great recipe! If I can only find everything here for it!
ReplyDelete