Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chicken and Chicken Broth

This past week Harris Teeter had split chicken breasts on sale for .77/lb! That's the cheapest that I've seen it in a while. When I find a good deal like this I stock up on as much as I can.

I like split chicken breasts b/c you have the side benefit of getting broth out of it. I go ahead & put some whole breasts in the freezer but I also like to prepare some as a convenience.

I have a big stock pot (thanks Mom!) that I just fill up with water. I wash at least 2 packets of split chicken breasts (the packages I got had 3 breasts in each package). I cooked the chicken breasts, let them cool & pulled the meat off of the bone. I put the broth in containers after it cooled. I stuck everything in the freezer so that I'd have it available when I needed those items for a quick meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment