Friday, May 14, 2010

Pumpkin/Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins

Okay, I'm going to go ahead & forwarn you that these are soooo good, just not so good for a diet. You'll see why in a second. This made a decent batch for my family so I stuck some in the freezer. I went to put something in today & they're still fluffy & moist feeling. I'll let you know how they warm up.


Beat together:

4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 16 oz can pumpkin or 16 oz (that's 2 cups) pureed sweet potato
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. oil


In a separate bowl sift:
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat flour (I used white wheat just because that was the first thing that I put my hands on-be sure to spoon it from the bag into the measuring cup so that the muffins don't end up too dense)
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt

Add to liquid ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips (I used one bag of semi-sweet, add more or less if desired).

Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 16-20 minutes for regular sized muffins, 8-11 for mini muffins.

I found this recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. I need to try and find pumpkin here because these sound so good!!!

    ReplyDelete